The Tallahassee Memorial Emergency Center-Northeast is a 45,000-square-foot freestanding emergency center conveniently located off Thomasville Road, just south of I-10. The center complements the Bixler Trauma & Emergency Center and the Urgent Care Center to create the most comprehensive emergency and urgent care system in the region.
Specializing in Children and Senior Patients
With special amenities for children and senior patients, the Emergency Center-Northeast is designed to provide the greatest level of comfort and care to patients of all ages.
Separate entrances for children and adults open to lobby areas designed for the comfort of each age group. In the children’s play area, young patients and their siblings can enjoy an iPad bar preloaded with kid-friendly games and videos. Meanwhile, a designated sick kids room provides a restful space for children who have contagious conditions.
Other features of the Center, such as an easily navigable floor plan, adjustable lighting in each treatment room, and luxury mattresses with pressure redistribution technology and built-in scales, enhance care for all patients but are especially beneficial for seniors.
High-Quality Care, Exceptional Convenience
The Emergency Center-Northeast makes receiving quality care quick and convenient by offering a wide range of services and providing a dedicated lab, radiology suite and pharmacy department on-site to diagnose and treat patients as quickly as possible. Two technologically advanced resuscitation rooms are also on-site for patients with critical emergencies.
Because children and seniors have unique medical and emotional needs, members of the medical team at the Emergency Center-Northeast have received additional training in administering emergency care for both populations. The center has many features designed to enhance the experience of our patients and guests.
Special features and amenities include:
- Separate entrances for children and adults that open to lobby areas designed for the comfort of each age group.
- An iPad bar in the kids waiting area pre-loaded with kid-friendly games and videos.
- A Sick Kids Room to provide a restful space for children with contagious conditions.
- Non-slip flooring, an open floor plan, and LED-lighted signage for senior-friendly navigation.
- Luxury mattresses on beds and stretchers with pressure redistribution technology and built-in scales.
- Adjustable lighting in each treatment room.
- Complimentary reading glasses upon request.
- Frosted glass doors to ensure patient privacy and promote a sterile treatment space.
- A patient tracking system with real-time updates for family members
- Ample parking just steps from the entrance.
- Aromatherapy in the lobbies and paintings throughout the facility.
The Emergency Center -Northeast has been designed to care not only for patients but also for the environment. With many environmentally sustainable design elements, the center is thefirst freestanding emergency center in Florida to meet LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) certification standards for green design and construction.
1260 Metropolitan Boulevard
Tallahassee, FL 32312
Call Ahead: 850-431-OUCH